Thursday 10 April 2014

Flying Visit


Had a call last night from my mate Dave Gray, telling me about a first for the county- a Pied-billed Grebe -had turned up at Rutland Water. Not again!!! .... because the previous day, a Glossy Ibis was in the county at Moira, but I had other commitments (as I did again last night) so couldn't go for it, so, I got up at 'stupid o' clock' this morning, and hoped the Grebe had decided to stay for the night. Getting there at first light, it was just a short walk to where the bird was showing well the previous night, and it wasn't long before this little American Grebe was in my scope! Great little bird - and a mega for VC55!  Got back home at 8.30ish and straight out again, as I was picked up by Mr Gray to go and do our weekly Peregrine survey in Leicester city centre.

Pied-billed Grebe

Big yawn from a little bird.........I know how he feels!!!



3 comments: