Sunday 4 May 2014

Doing a good 'Tern'

Just a quick trip to local patch this morning, where I had a good walk around, but just all the usual suspects were about, including Willow Warbler, Whitethroat and Blackcap. I did bump into the two Common Terns though that have been coming back since they bred here some 5 years ago. Sadly they don't breed at Brascote anymore, as the island they used to breed on can now be breached by predators, so they probably breed somewhere else now - possibly Mallory, which is close by. One bird has a ring on it's left leg, but I have been unable to read it as yet.
Common Tern having a Having a wing stretch

Then taking to the wing

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if they'd be back again.
    I think they only come back to rest on the end of the pier. Shame there isn't somewhere for them to nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to put a raft out on the front lake but its getting permission.

    ReplyDelete