Sunday 31 August 2014

Black Tern at Cropston

Earlier this week there was a Juvenile Black Tern reported at Cropston Reservoir not to far away from where I live, so on wednesday evening with nothing else better to do I thought that it was worth a visit to see if I could get any images. On arrival there were a few Common Terns perched at the water tower, and it wasn't long before I picked up the Black Tern feeding out in the middle of the Reservoir along with hundreds of Hirundines mostly Swallow and Sand Martins.Along the dam 3 Common Sandpipers were busy chasing each other about but I did manage to get a few Images, but the Tern was always to far out to get some really good images so the record shot below though cropped  is the best I got. In the couple of hours I was there 2 Raven and 6 Little Egret and 3 female Mandarins were also noted.
Juvenile Black Tern

Common Sandpiper

Common Sandpiper
As always hope you enjoyed your visit.

4 comments:

  1. You did really well getting the image of the Black Tern buddy considering how far it was away, nice images of the Sandpiper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, see I do listen to my teacher sometimes!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice shot of the Common Sandpiper Greeny!

    ReplyDelete